Popcorn is a snack that contains high fiber and low calories. Around the world, this snack is more familiar and is being favorite to many. The popcorn is produced from the corn kernel and has been sold in the market by adding more value. How? The flavors and topping are added with this and sold in the market for people’s use. Since the food tastes well more people prefer this. Among their flavors, the salted popcorn is the most like one. More brands are established in the market since the demand is more and people may try all and may find the best salted popcorn for regular consumption.
If we want to know more about popcorn then need to know more facts about that and this article let us see some of the facts briefly for knowledge.
- It is well known that there are many varieties of corn exited and from those only one type will pop and will provide the popcorn snack. The scientific name of that popcorn is zea mays everta.
- This popcorn is not a new snack and this has existed for around five thousand years. This fact has been identified in the year of 1948. The report says the popcorn was discovered in New Mexico.
- Later Columbus has been introduced this popcorn to Europe and the period is around the 15th
- Since popcorn is more familiar it has been commercialized in the earlier period itself. To prepare popcorn in this concern the machine was discovered and the ever first popcorn machine is introduced in the year 1885 in Chicago.
- If food becomes more famous then people started to celebrate more end this popcorn is one of the traditional food hence Americans are celebrating at carnivals by selling this in the late period of 19th
- Once it was commercialized the popcorn started to sell in front of the movie theatre and many other places. But during the initial period, the movie theatre owners feared of this and they think that he will divert the people from the movie. But later they released that this is the perfect snack to have at the movie theatre to enjoy along with the movie. Also, this creates the opportunity for the owners to get more revenue. Hence they started to sell this by themselves from the year of 1912.
- There is a fact that the consumption of popcorn will help people to lose weight and their satiating will prevent them to eat more.